Saturday, September 29, 2007

360

There's no place like home ... (tapping ruby red shoes together) There's no place like home ...

When I left 360, I felt a need to separate myself from a domestic situation that was creating a great deal of tension. Einstein, who suffers from periodic paranoia, was combing every blog post, every friend's post and of course, there was the ritualistic 3rd degree - twenty questions - taking the defensive position ... On top of that, something in my spirit insisted I had to do this. I'm not sure why ... I may never be sure why ... But, if there's one thing I've learned, it is to listen to that still small voice.

And, then ... there is an element of change taking place in Kat's world. Some in process - others not yet begun ... Somehow it seemed important to take pause. I don't do change well. But, in addition to that, too many people who might take advantage of the insight offered by my 360 page had access to that little space where I practiced a comfortable form of self-expression.

I've been gone from the old forum for a while. And, I've been asked several times when I'm going to return. Yesterday, I took that first step back into familiar territory. I spent hours setting up my page, looking up the few - the very few - with whom I've established a lasting connection - those I trust who understand enough about Kat's world to guard Kat's privacy. And, I set my privacy level to exclude the eyes of the outside world. While some people maintain as many as 300 friends in their circle, my list will be limited to a handful ... at least for the time being. Call it self-preservation.

If you have a 360 account or set one up in the near future, you are welcome to send an add invite and tell me who you are. If I've been frequenting your page, I will gladly accept. If you are just curious and want to peek at my page, you can find it at http://360.yahoo.com/aikaterine65

The posts will not show up for anyone who is not a friend or a friend of a friend. So, the most you will see is a colorful page and quick comments.

I will still be around, peeking in at you, commenting from time to time and posting every great now and then, but I miss my old stomping grounds and I've yet to find a place quite the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you decided to go back to 360. So many people have missed you there, my self included. I can understand your decision to limit your friends, I can only hope I might be among those you choose to reconnect with. I've missed you terribly.

*HUGS*

D