Thursday, September 20, 2007

HILLBILLY VOCAB

My daughter, Boo, came home with me today. Shortly after we got here, she stretched her neck out, lurched forward and took off running through the yard. "Did y'all say (see) that?" She cried. "There's a John Deere tractor going down the road!"

I nearly busted a gut laughing at her. She later explained that back home she only saw tractors parked - never actually moving.

At one point I was teasing her about her pronunciation of the word, "years". "It doesn't have two syllables," I told her.

"No. It has one, two, three, four - four syllables," she said. "No - wait - five."

"Um ... Boo ... syllables and letters are not the same thing."

"Oh - wait - my bad."

She's good natured and I think she plays along with the teasing just to get the laugh. It's good to have her home. Now ... if I can teach her to say, "years" instead of "yee-yars".

2 comments:

Kat said...

She seems to like it, CINDY, yes.

Sam said...

Is everything settling down and getting more 'normal' now? How is Einstein handling another female in the house, lol? Hope Boo is happier at home now! :)